Kamila Najbrtová was born on April 6, 1961 in Prague. Najbrtová works predominantly in the medium of painting. She has developed her own unique technique using acrylic on transparent canvas to create a captivating illusion of space and depth.
Najbrtová studied at the High School of Fine Arts in Prague from 1976-80 and at the Academy of Art, Architechture and Design in Prague from 1980-86. After working in graphic design and illustration with Prof. M. Hegar at his studio for book culture and lettering, Najbrtová has dedicated herself to her painting since 1990. She currently lives and works in Prague.
Najbrtová has exhibited her work at numerous group- and solo-shows in Prague and elsewhere in Europe. Her works are represented in private collections in the USA, France, Germany, Spain and the Czech Republic.
Selected exhibits include:
- Gallery Malá Skála (2012)
- Gallery Vltavín (2011)
- Miláčci, Prague (2007)
- Czechoslovak Writer, Prague (1990)
- Aft, Paris (1989)
- Project Art Lounge (2013)
- Art Prague (2006-2013)
- International Exhibition of Graphic Arts, Lvov, Russia (1990)
- Image imprimeé de Tchecoslovaquie, Belgium (1990)
- Contemporary Czech Graphic, Mánes, Prague (1989)
- Color Graphic, Munich, Germany (1989)
- International Biennial of Graphic Arts, Varna, Bulgaria (1989)
- Gallery Nebti, Den Haag, Netherlands (1989)
- IX. International Triennial of Graphic Arts, Frechen, Germany (1989)
- XV. International Exhibition of Graphic Arts, Kanagawa, Japan (1989)
- XII. International Biennial of Graphic Arts, Krakow, Poland (1988)
- XII. International Biennial of Graphic Arts, Katowice, Poland (1988)
- Interart, Poznań, Poland (1988)